lunes, 20 de abril de 2009

Summary 3


In this period I have learned a lot of stuff
Some things that I like to share:
1. We must not only do our best, we need to know what to do and then do it.
2. The communication is the best way to transmit our knowledge so it is important that we develop this important skill.
3. If we want to change a behavior we must first find the source of the problem and then try to inspire change building a complete mental map of the problem and the solution. Verbal persuasion is the key for most of the problems.

So far I liked most of the activities that we have done in class, and I found many of the videos inspiring.
My team and I have gone one time to school to talk to the kids about the environment and how we are negatively affecting it. The last time that we went, the teacher was really glad that we did so; I think the kids learned something useful. From now on, we must try to give our best so one day the human race understands the problem.
A few days ago, I was reading news from 2007 that said that 45% of all the forest in the world has gone away. Isn’t this outrageous? The human race has stayed in earth for just a little bit of time, and we have finished with 45% of our forests?!!! What is the expectation? In the next let’s say 20 years would we only have 10% left? I think that we must do something fast, before is too late.
I think that this class is awesome since it makes us more “human” and I hope that you that are reading this blog find something useful in it.

2 comentarios:

  1. I'm also surprised to see that 45% of the forest in the world has gone away in that small time frame too. The rate is only expected to grow exponentially as the world becomes more industrialized.

    I agree on the aspect that something has to be done immediately, but what do you believe will be the global and realistic solution that works for everyone in this minimal time we have? I thought this question myself for sometime and growing awareness is definitely one of the key aspects, but I feel very skeptical about where that alone can lead us in the future.


    On the side note, I MADE MY OWN BLOG LOLLOLOLO COME CHECK IT OUT

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think we should recycle, recycle and recycle.
    Ok here are some things we can do:
    1) Recycle materials. *(1)
    2) Prefer products that come from recycled materials. *(1)
    3) Help reforestation after a fire or cut down of trees.
    4) By not buying things because they are cheap, but buying them because they are the best choice ecologically speaking that is.
    5) By not buying unnecessary things.
    6) Anything else you can think is good for the environment

    *(1).Materials = paper mainly but other materials as well since they are all interconnected.

    I hope this helps

    ResponderEliminar