domingo, 8 de febrero de 2009

Fourth week

This week we thought about what might be some reasons for the poverty in Mexico.
Some of the factors that were listed were.
1. Poor education and lack of knowledge in poor communities
2. Government since it just gives away money to poor people
3. Lack of job opportunities
4. Natural Resources.
5. Desire to succeed.

From these factors some people think that many poor people have desired to succeed and I agree with them, but I think that in average there are less poor people that really do something to succeed thus they keep doing what they have been doing for long time.
Why do many poor people have lots of children, even though they are poor? Why do some poor people become middle class or even rich if they try? I think that key is “will” and that we should instead inspire this will and open opportunities in poor towns than giving away money.

A nice question was brought up by the teacher,
What still is the reason for not doing community service?
In my case I have done some community service once in a while and the main reason for not doing it now is that I don’t really have time since I’m at school taking the ridiculous amount of 56 credits. Why do we need so much work? If anyone wants to do this then they will have to jeopardize not the fun stuff, but their base of their studies. In the past I haven’t done a lot of things for myself because I had to study, therefore I think that the education system in Mexico is much harder than the US thus it really needs to be modified.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario